Hi everyone! I’ve been doing some tangible tutorials for my readers lately and discussing a lot about the blog and review tips and I wanted to discuss another addition to your Amazon efforts.
I’ve promoted about 2 of these in the past and had NO idea there were so many others! They’re called Clones by a vendor named Coolice. I don’t know the person, but I did contact them about doing a tutorial for you on the sites and getting you a discount from the usual price of $67 down to $37.
So let’s talk about the use of Clone sites and the tips I have about getting and using them.
#1 – Installing a Clone Store
I downloaded the Baby clone. I will say s/he gives a great, detailed tutorial on installing it. But you know me – I’m a tech dummy. And this person has offered to do ALL of your install absolutely FREE, so why not?
#2 – My Take on Where to Put the Store
I don’t believe in using the Clone sites as replacements for your reviews. It’s a great storefront, and it showcases products beautifully like a catalog.
But this is a 180 from what a review does. So when you have him/her install it, put it on yourdomain.com/store, not on yourdomain.com.
What I would do is one of two things from that point on…
First, you could put your blog install on yourdomain.com. This is my preference with tangible review sites, but it depends on the niche. That means when they land on your domain, they’re on the blog seeing reviews right then and there.
In your blog navigation bar, you’ll put a page that says Store and link to your store. Or, you could call it Catalog.
Second, you could install your blog at /blog and leave yourdomain.com open for a squeeze page. To me, building a list isn’t always viable. For instance, I wouldn’t do one for my toy site.
I would do one for things like the Beauty Clone. That’s because women always read beauty tips, anti aging advice, etc. So there’s “info product” type of information you can ply them with to showcase your expertise and build trust and better conversions.
#3 – Traffic to Your Store
I don’t pay for traffic. You can. I just don’t. So what I’d do is continue your blog reviews, and keep posting each of those reviews to your Twitter, FB and Google Plus pages. Don’t forget Pinterest, too!
Those are the hearty reviews.
Now you can also use the pages of the Clone catalog to Pin to Pinterest and share on Twitter, FB and G+ but I’d do it a bit different.
I would do these as social engagement posts. So let’s say you had the Kindle Clone on your site. I know books sell better than anything else on Amazon.
I would go to a specific product page on my Kindle Clone store and look at what it says. There’s a page right now that’s about a book called The Girl on the Train. The Clone page gives a blurb about what the book is about.
I like that below it, it recommends similar books. And by the way, it doesn’t make them just buy Kindle version – they can buy tangible copies, too. There’s a buy button for both.
Now I haven’t read this book. But it says, “A debut psychological thriller that will forever change the way you look at other people’s lives” It also says the girl rides the train and always sees the same couple having breakfast on their deck at a specific stopping point.
So I might link to the page and say something like, “This psychological thriller looks like a good read! I love people watching and do the same thing this character does. How about you? Do you ever look at someone and imagine what their lives are like just by what you see? And what would you do if you suddenly saw something you weren’t meant to see?”
It’s a simple teaser. It’s honest. It’s engaging. Or, you might talk about your favorite psychological thriller book and ask who has read this debut novel.
What you want is to get them to the store, where there’s also an area for socializing, like the Facebook comments at the bottom of your store page. They can use the social sharing buttons to share it.
You can switch out linking directly to Amazon and within your store catalog – it doesn’t need to be one or the other.
The main reason I like the Clone as a Catalog or Store link on your blog is because not everyone wants to get a detailed review – they want to browse. I’m a cover browser and a product browser. Sometimes I want to just window shop before I buy.
Or maybe they landed for a detailed review, but it wasn’t quite what they wanted to hear, so instead of just clicking OUT of your site because they don’t want THAT book (or product), they see store/catalog and suddenly have somewhere else that keeps them in your funnel to go find something they do want.
#4 – Pick a Clone Site That’s Right for You
Don’t get something off the wall and unrelated to your site’s topic. There are a bunch of Clones to choose from. Let’s look at the options and what kinds of sites you might put these on:
1. Health Clone – I love this clone for things like natural wellness, senior health, stress relief, fitness, pain relief, aromatherapy, and even beauty or anti aging. If you look at the demo site (and by the way I like the white background option), you can scroll down and see what all is covered.
2. Toy Store Clone – Perfect, obviously, for the toy niche. But also good for parenting sites and holiday gift sites.
3. Watch Clone – This one is very specific, so you’d need to have a watch store, fashion, jewelry, etc. site.
4. Pet Clone – This clone is good for general pet sites or specifics like dog, cats, fish, reptiles, horses, insects, small animals and birds.
5. Sports Clone – This one has big potential! You could do fitness in general, dieting, running, bodybuilding, golfing, boating, equestrian sports, paintball and air soft, racquet sports, snow sports, fan sites, hunting, fishing, and more.
6. Beauty Clone – Works for anti aging, general beauty, and then more specific topics like fragrance, hair care, make up, skin care, nail care, and organic beauty topics.
7. Grocery Clone – I didn’t realize how many people bought groceries off Amazon, but man it’s nice! I do it sometimes – and I think it’s best for Prime members. I discovered I can save a lot ordering my boiled peanuts from there (lol). And since we had some snow days here, I was able to order a little stuff without getting out.
8. Home Clone – This is the home and kitchen goods store. I like this one a lot because it has everything – furniture, decor, kitchen stuff, dining items, bedding, bath, vacuums, irons, artwork, air and heating products, storage, cleaning, and even kids’ stuff in there. This one would work well on a site specifically for home goods OR even a lifestyle, cooking or parenting blog because you know those are homemakers (even working homemakers) who might want to browse.
9. Baby Clone – Of course, this one works well with a site about parenting and baby care, but you might also want it on specific narrow parenting and baby niche sites like safety (car seats, baby proof homes), potty training, nutrition for infants and toddlers, pregnancy, and more.
10. Jewelry Clone – While the watch clone is just watches, this one has everything – rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, wedding jewelry, charms, brooches, men’s jewelry and more. So you could have this one on a gifts site, on any men or women’s lifestyle site, or on a wedding site.
11. TV Store Clone – This one is primarily TVs, but it also includes home theater items and accessories like Blu-Ray players. Perfect for electronic sites and holiday gift sites.
12. Photo Clone – Photography is a big, yet complex niche. I don’t believe you can just ‘randomly’ get into this niche. In order to write about it, you need to understand it. But if you do, even as a novice leader, you can use this clone site to promote cameras of all kinds, camcorders, accessories, and even security and surveillance. So this is a good clone for a few different uses. You could use it on any niche that takes pictures – parenting, weddings, travelers, and in this case, self defense for security.
13. Mobile Clone – This is a niche where the technology is churned out faster than most of us can keep up with. So it’s nice to have a store catalog that can showcase bestsellers and movers and shakers at that moment. You can promote mobile phones, apps, accessories and MP3 items.
14. Hardware Clone – *****Not what you think??**** Okay I have to laugh. I saw “hardware” and I’m thinking tools – nails, hammers – guy stuff. Nope. This is computer hardware – laptops, desktops, notebooks, tablets, printers, scanners, monitors, webcams, and more. So for this – any niche using this stuff would work – work at home entrepreneurs, office workers, students, etc. Most of you probably read it right but I’m old school. LOL
15. Video Store Clone – One thing I learned (the hard way) about having a movie site is how quickly it gets outdated. You have to stay on top of content rapidly. However, some things we watch over and over again or years later for the first time. IE: I just finished the Sopranos and Oz and both are old shows, but I love binge watching.
This clone store has all of the different genres of movies and TV shows, on different media formats – Blu Ray, DVD and even Instant (my favorite). So you can take a slightly (not completely) more relaxed strategy with your site and let the store catalog keep things up to date for you.
16. Game Clone – This kind of catalog works great because a.) Gamers are addicts, b.) You can post earlier than the release and get in on pre-orders, and c.) They love seeing what all else is out there. This clone site divides them into genres and gaming consoles.
17. Software Clone – LOL Now maybe if this and hardware clone had been back to back I might have “gotten it” about the hardware. This is great for a variety of niches like time management, career and job sites, finances, and parenting. It showcases software for businesses, kids, education, computer security, graphics, games, hobbies, language, travel, video and music and more.
18. Kindle Store Clone -We talked about this earlier, but it’s amazing because you can put it on almost any topic site – because there are books about everything, right? You could have a self help site with this and name the store: Shop Self Help Books. It could go on a parenting site, cooking, education, photography and more!
19. App Store Clone – You know, I’m a freebie app kinda girl. But I was shocked when one of my friends asked me how I can “afford” to keep playing Candy Crush. She’d been spending a gazillion on that game! So Apps are hot and this store showcases all the most popular ones, which right now in our family is Trivia Crack. But guess what? It’s not all about games! It’s about health, business, finances, sports, travel and more. Any of those, you could name your store: Sports App Store for example.
20. Music Clone – When you think it’s a good idea to put a song like “Come on Eileen” on your iTunes and listen to it 365 days a year in your car because you only bought a $50 iTunes card, it sucks. LOL I went on an 80s music shopping spree and I’m sick of everything but Motley Crue.
So seeing a music clone store would be great for me! You can shop by artists, songs, albums and videos.
21. Movie Clone – This is kind of different. It pulls in traffic for current hot releases and has a store on it for the ones already out and available to buy. So if someone wants to see the 50 Shades of Grey trailer, they land there and see the store link to buy some other movies.
22. GameSpot Clone – Looks like a very different gaming site, not like the other clones – and it’s exclusive – but very much like what that target audience is used to. Of course, while it has reviews and everything built in, I recommend writing your own. There are many sites with multiple gamers who all give their $0.02 about games and they don’t always agree. This is the only one not on sale.
That’s a lot of stores to choose from. Coolice is always coming out with new Clone stores, so I’ll keep this list updated over time.
Remember, Coolice will do the install, so hand over the task if it intimidates you!