Hi everyone! Day one of the mini challenge is for video blogging. Here are your instructions and I’ll be back with my own version Friday.
Here’s what I want you to do:
- Make sure your area that you’re filming in is clean, not cluttered. No hoarders in the background.
- Give yourself enough light. Natural sunlight or lamps, just don’t look to dingy.
- Speak up so we can hear you.
- Keep the video short – people get distracted, so 3 minutes to five minutes, max.
- Look at the camera hole, NOT yourself when you film.
- Try to film when there’s not a lot of other noise in the background (TV, etc.)
- If using your smart phone, wipe the lens area first so it doesn’t look foggy and smudged by your skin oils.
What do you film about?
Pick a topic:
- An emotional need of your audience. (ie: Courage, Confidence, etc.)
- Some sort of step-by-step discussion for your audience
- What do you have to offer people as a niche leader?
- Take 2 issues in your niche and pick a side and discuss it (ie: for the marketing niche it might be “you have to have money to make money” – versus – “You can start a business online for nothing.”
- Discuss a list of Dos and Don’ts for your niche.
- Let your audience know you’re a leader who continually educates him or herself. Tell them about a course, book or something you’re learning from.
- What’s a common mistake or error or myth you see happening with or being believed by people in your niche?
- Find several questions in your niche on forums, etc. and do a Q&A.
- Find a video that makes you want to respond and make a video response to it.
- Vlog about something on the horizon in your niche.
- Find a news story in your niche and vlog about it.
Share your video blog below – post it to YouTube or Vimeo and share the link. I will critique it for you with any tips I have to offer.
I’ll be back with one of my own too.